Hair extensions are fantastic for lengthening and filling out your hair for a luscious, gorgeous look. If you’ve opted for extensions, you probably know how many types there are depending on what you want and need.
But, how much are hair extensions?
The Price Largely Depends on Whether You Choose Human or Synthetic Hair!
Wondering how much are hair extensions? The first, and largest, price difference depends on whether you choose human or synthetic hair. Human hair extensions are extremely versatile, blend easily into your own hair for a more natural look, and can be colored, styled, and washed normally.
The quality of human hair used impacts the price, but they generally cost $75 to $400 on their own.
Synthetic hair, on the other hand, costs considerably less at around $50 to $85. However, synthetic hair has its limitations. You can’t color, style with heat, or use normal hair cleaning products with synthetic extensions. They also don’t look as natural or blend as well into your hair.
How Much Are Hair Extensions For Each Type?
There are different types of hair extensions you can get. Some are temporary, while others can last up to 16 weeks. Additionally, each type of extension has its pros and cons depending on your needs, wants, and hair type. The costs of extensions depends on type, location, and quality.
- Clip-ins are temporary extensions that you literally just clip into your hair. These range from $100 to $500 depending on the quality. There are no maintenance costs with this type.
- Tape-ins last about six to eight weeks, cost between $200 and $1,000, and require professional installation. You’ll need to visit for maintenance every few weeks, which costs about $150 to $350 per follow-up appointment.
- Sew-ins are semi-permanent extensions that are sewn into your hair, usually into a cornrow, by a professional. They last between two and six weeks, and the price starts around $275. Maintenance costs vary.
- Microlinks are longer-lasting extensions applied by a professional that can last between two and six months. These cost between $200 and $900 and require visits every few weeks to adjust placement, which are usually around $100 to $300.
- I-tip extensions are the least damaging and longest lasting. They cost between $300 and $900 but last up to 16 weeks. Regular maintenance is necessary and is typically $100 to $300.
The price of hair extensions varies but can cost up to or more than $1,000 and require maintenance costs up to $300 every few weeks to adjust for hair growth.
For Gorgeous Hair Extensions in Columbia, Choose the Stylists at Patrick’s Hair Design!
Ready to get hair extensions or other hair services for fuller, longer, healthier looking hair? At Patrick’s Hair Design, we offer several different hair extension options to give you your dream hair!
Contact us at 410-730-1700 to schedule a consultation today, and find out just how much it will cost and how great you can look!